Friday, February 6, 2009
More Progress On Lou's
I love how this one came out. It was totally experimental........................can you tell I am getting into this? This is one of the ribbons I purchased at Hobby Lobby for Lou's block. I try to buy a few goodies for each block that comes my way. The ribbon is really stiff and kind of shine and also see thru. It is the same kind of ribbon as the light pink roses I posed that are on the blue patch a couple of days ago except this is only 1/8 thick so not really suitable for making flowers. Since I love bows I decided to try that. I tied a bow the size I wanted and attached it with the first of the french knots in the center of the knot. Then I worked my way around the bow twisting and securing with knots as I went. I like to make them twist and turn allot. Then I found I just did not have the right ribbon for this one and decided to experiment. I found this beautiful color in my DMC stash and used 3 strands to create very loosely stitched chain stitch roses. These really need to be loose to make them stand out and look like a rose. I really love the effect and will be making more of these in the future. The leaves are just lazy daises in a green that I also found in my stash.
This fabric is in the center of the block and kind of the focal point. I just could not cover this up with something so decided to instead accentuate the flower with a blanket stitch and french knots. I like how it really makes that rose pop out.
This last one is a very long narrow block. On this one I just did a long feather stitch vine and am not sure if I will have time to add anything to it. More can be added in the last round for sure.
Hopefully we will be seeing some of the other blocks here soon...............I am dyeing of curiosity what the rest of you are doing!!!!