Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
IF I can find hot pink ribbon to match the fabric, I'd like to add a twisted ribbon bow to the "blank" green spot under the bird. If not, I'm going to have to stop before I really do make this weigh 50#! I'm using scans rather than photos but will try to get a picture of the entire block soon.
In the fan quadrant, I added flowers made from flattened gold bead caps attached with hot pink Swarovski crystals. I also added some "peachy" beads to the bases of the blue buttonhole "half" wheels and pale yellow beads to the orangish lazy daisy/yellow pistol stitch seam treatment.
In the quadrant above the fan, I added gold sequins and beads to the buttonhole wheels, bright yellow beads to the herringbone and wheat ear seam treatment, gold bead "apples" to the tree, and the Phoenix bird charm.
In the wreath and web quadrant, I took advantage of Lou's "frame" to add the web (pale yellow rayon floss) and spider (copper beads and metallic copper DMC floss). The pale yellow beads on the lazy daisy/pistol stitch seam treatment are visible again. I also added some blue beads to the bases of the fans in the closed buttonhole/fan seam treatment, some pale yellow buttons to the groups of yellow lazy daisies; and I made the gold and green button cluster (the largest green button is vintage; the other green buttons are made from shell). This picture shows the way I meant the button cluster to look; they got "folded" in the next shot.
In the large ribbon rose quadrant, the gold bead "apples" are visible again. I also added pink beads in various shades and sizes to Lou's feather stitching.